Tuesday, 7 November 2017


Today, Tom the fireman came to visit us at the Ngake Hub to talk about being fire safe.  We watched a movie about a candle that was put on the window sill under an open window.  Very quickly, the flame from the candle set the curtain on fire and smoke and flames filled the room.

Tom read us a story about Rose who was woken up when her smoke alarm went off one night.  She leapt out of bed and shouted "fire!" then dropped to the floor and crawled out of her room and out of the house.

Tom showed us a fire alarm and we heard the loud noise it made when it was set off.
We practised yelling out "FIRE" as loud as we could shout - that was cool!

When Tom put on the smoke alarm again, we all DROPPED onto our knees and CRAWLED on the floor,  under the black blanket and out of the room.
Tom then gave us time to answer many of our questions.
We really enjoyed Tom's visit and look forward to his return in a few weeks when he brings his Fire Engine along to show us - how exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rugby Coaching Sessions

Ngake Hub were lucky enough to have Isaac in from the Wellington Rugby Academy on Monday. He was teaching us about spatial awareness. We got...